About Me

My photo
I reside in Cleveland with my 2 sons, 2 dogs, 2 cats and some fish...all were rescued from unfit living conditions. Just the pets ..not the kids.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Who Is The Dumb One? Is It Barbie


Barbie Dolls, first introduced in 1959, have been blamed for the onslaught of eating disorders and girls having a poor perception of their own body image. The latest attack by West Virginia lawmaker, Jeffrey Eldridge is to take Barbie off the market. He states the reasoning behind his rationale, "Basically, I introduced legislation because the Barbie doll, I think, gives emphasis on if you're beautiful, you don't have to be smart," Eldridge said.

How dumb can she be? The bitch has everything!

Who has ever encountered an intelligent piece of plastic, even in human form? I guess that would require using your IMAGINATION! ....and Eldridge thinks Barbie is dumb? Maybe HE shouldn't have played with Barbie!

NEXT WEEK: Beer-Bellied Barbie blamed for US obesity.

2 comments:

  1. amen... I never wanted to be thin like her..
    We had an IMAGINATION with her making our minds think and wander and grow.. Barbie is good for girls.. not this crap they are growing up with nowadays... Barbie was anything we wanted her to be.. I don't recall ever playing with her making her dumb.. She was a doctor, a nurse, the owner of her own company etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right on Anonymous! If she is so bad, wouldn't all women have eating disorders and low self-esteem!

    ReplyDelete